November 20, 2016

Watercolor Ice Cream

Today I made a belated birthday card for one of my sisters. Her birthday was right after I got back from a vacation in Japan, and then I was sick for a while, and then I was catching up on work, and then, and then. Good thing she loves me. Better late than never! :)

I started by using my very first stamp set from The Ton to create my own background. These ice cream cones are so cute! I stamped them in Versamark ink and added white embossing powder so that my watercoloring would better stay in the lines.


I was going for chocolate, strawberry, and mint ice cream. Yum! I probably should have added some chocolate sprinkles to the mint, though.


I didn't want to stick with a completely white background, so I added a wash of light purple after coloring in all the ice cream images.


After my background was finished, I added a sparkly silver frame, a sentiment heat embossed on vellum, and some clear sequins for dimension. I really love how my card turned out. :)


I am entering my card into the final Tic-Tac-Toe card challenge, with white on white, dimension, and vellum.


Supplies:

And:

Thanks for looking, and have an awesome day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out fabulous!! I love how you created that background!! Thank you for playing with us at Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete