March 16, 2015

Silvery vellum

I am so happy that I decided to buy Mama Elephant's stamp set Freestyle Florals. The different flower types in the set are just beautiful. I used my favorite for my card today.

I was going to try water coloring, but I really like how the flowers turned out with just my Spectrum Noir markers.

I colored the first flower with two shades of a very light turquoise. It is soft, subtle, and very pretty. I decided on oranges and yellows for the other two flowers because those colors remind me of spring (and the tropics!).

I think this is the first time I have used vellum. I got some at my local craft store, and it ended up looking silvery, so I decided to use silver embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp for my sentiment. I used several sizes of Pretty Pink Posh's metallic silver sequins to finish off my card.


I am not entering my card into any challenges this time ... I wish Mama Elephant still had challenges. They had only six or seven, and the last one was in December. :( Maybe they will start up again!

Supplies:


And:
Thanks for looking, and have an awesome day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment